My parent'* 1995 350 V8 4x4 Suburban had a bad exhaust leak at the headers. My dad finally had enough of listening to it "click" in the morning before it warmed up. So, yesterday morning he droped it off at the exhaust shop to have the OEM headers replaced with Headman Headers.
My question is this, he is concerned that the spark plug wires, esp. near the the spark plug end, will get to hot and possibly melt with the new headers. Is it a valid concern? Would spark plug wire boots be a good idea? (Sorry, "boots" might be the wrong term. I hope you know what I am talking about