Hey everyone, there does not seem to be much support for this particular body style of Buick so I thought I would join this forum.
I just purchased a 1990 Buick Park Avenue 'Ultra'- it seems to be a well equipped model as it has the astroroof, Bose Stereo system and security system.
my long term plans is to make a nice driver. Unfortunately it is a tad bit more rusty then I expected, but for an Ontario car you can't expect perfection. I have listed the various problems that need to be addressed below.
1. The dreaded ABS light is on- I am a virgin to the 'Teves' braking system, I hear repairing can cost thousands.... pic below of master cylinder currently
2. the sunshade had apparently been taken off the car or has disappeared into the roof..... ya kinda of weird
3. headliner is failing
4. seat controller (in the middle) is dis coloured and the buttons dont all work correctly. the steering wheel is also discoloured.
5. gas tank is leaking.
6. rocker panels are a bit rusty
7. clear coat failing
1. leather interior and rugs are in good shape, especially the rear seats
2. drove it 200 km and it performed fine
3. digital dash works amazingly well.
let me know what you guys think, I am super excited about finding this car but I know that it really isn't worth that much....if it turns out to be a rust bucket should I just not bother?- its saftied/certified now so even if it is rusty I will drive it to the ground.