Originally Posted by 2000SilverBullet
Very simple if you know how to use a wrench.
1. Raise vehicle and remove wheel. Use a jackstand.
2. Support the control arm with a jackstand
3. Disconnect ELC air tube from shock
4. remove two lower shock bolts
5. Go inside trunk and remove the trim to gain access to remove shock upper nuts
6. Remove the cover, the two nuts and the reinforcement from the top of the shock inside the trunk
When reinstalling torque the bottom bolts to 18 ft-lbs and the top nut to 15 ft-lbs.
I just wanted to drop you guys a line and let you know how much I appreciate your help. Today I successfully changed my rear shocks on my 2000 SE and I wanted to say thanks I can now also do brakes(pads and rotors) oil changes and air filter change and change the sensor for my oil pressure. I do not feel I could have ever done this without all of the friendly help I get from all of you fellow Bonne lovers! My 2000 has 150,000 on it and I am hoping to get it to 300,000 and I appreciate everyones help!