Originally Posted by BillBoost37
Looking at the underneath of the UIM, the two coolant ports go into it to the throttle body. They pass the EGR area, usually the heat cracks the EGR area and coolant pours into the motor. Check the UIM by the EGR.
My 95 SSE bonny has the following symtoms that seem related to this topic:
1) very slow coolant leak,
2) EGR error code P1406, Check engine light comes and goes (last for a few weeks then stops for a few and repeats)
3) see small amounts of white smoke sometimes in the morning coming from up from front of hood when stopped waiting for light to change
4) Sometimes runs a little rough after reaching desired highway speed
Now it seems very close to being related to a coolant leak around the UIM/LIM gaskets that have also caused the EGR issue.
1) Can I continue to ignore this until things get worse? I see some white film buildup on the inside of the oil filler tube, does this indicate a coolant leak into the engine?
2) How much would it cost to change the UIM/LIM gaskets?
3) Is there a way to confirm its a gasket issue from just looking under the hood?