General GM Chat When starting new posts, please specify YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE type, and whatever modifications you have made. Chat about all things GM (and related cars). Off-topic stuff should be in the Lounge, and all Model specific mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

informations

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bodley Fludes is on a distinguished road
Default informations

I have a small garage, will the Buick Envision fit? I need the overall width dimension so I can determine if sufficient space exists to make owning an Envision practical.
Simple enquiry, but offhandedly referred by GM to online spec page which does not answer question correctly. Second enquiry explaining the apparent information deficiency so far ignored.
The Chevy TRAX overall width is given as 80 inches (over mirrors) - I need the equivalent measurement for the Envision. The overall width of 72.4 ins given in the data sheet belies the comparable 80ins overall width given for the (smaller) Trax. The Trax overall width specifically states 'over mirrors' so it seems the Envision overall width ignores the mirrors (and the dimension quoted is therefore useless to the prospective buyer with a small garage).
Complicated isn't it?
So anyone know the ACTUAL overall width of the Envision, or is this information only given out on a need to know basis?
Please no one tell me what I could do - if no actual true overall width dimension has so far been established, than so be it and Hyundai here I come.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:11 PM
True Car Nut

Received 241 Likes on 198 Posts
2kg4u has much to be proud of2kg4u has much to be proud of2kg4u has much to be proud of2kg4u has much to be proud of2kg4u has much to be proud of2kg4u has much to be proud of2kg4u has much to be proud of2kg4u has much to be proud of2kg4u has much to be proud of

If you don't believe the vehicle specifications (72.4"), drive to your local dealer and measure it.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bodley Fludes is on a distinguished road

As I requested: 'Please no one tell me what I could do - if no actual true overall width dimension has so far been established, than so be it and Hyundai here I come.'
Old 01-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Posts like a Turbo

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Mad_Coachman will become famous soon enoughMad_Coachman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bodley Fludes
As I requested: 'Please no one tell me what I could do - if no actual true overall width dimension has so far been established, than so be it and Hyundai here I come.'
Off to Hyandai....See ya!!!!!....don't let the door hit you in the ***.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Retired

Certified Car Nut

Received 1,780 Likes on 1,304 Posts
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails informations-80-maxresdefault_0b1c92a701f231d9cd5448884fd3455a143c2ce4.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
Mad_Coachman (01-09-2017)