GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat

GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat (https://www.gmforum.com/)
-   General GM Chat (https://www.gmforum.com/general-gm-chat-88/)
-   -   Whoa. (https://www.gmforum.com/general-gm-chat-88/whoa-236865/)

Bonneville92V688 06-05-2006 08:04 PM

Whoa.
 
I just drove my bonnie for the second time after I got it...WHOA. I did the BCA optimization and made my stock airbox as free flowing as it will get and no muffler. I turned off my aunts road and floored it, it threw me back, I swear it jumped to 60 in about 6.9-7.0 seconds. Yes the road is 55 :lol: I can now hear the stock whine. :shock: :o I can't wait until I get my pulley, CAI, magnaflow cat, and a few other things.

Sorry, just new owner excitement. I feel like doing it again.

dbeast420 06-05-2006 08:48 PM

Re: Whoa.
 

Originally Posted by Bonneville94V688
Sorry, just new owner excitement. I feel like doing it again.


So,what's stopping you????

Bonneville92V688 06-05-2006 08:49 PM

I just did it again. I let my dad drive it. He turned off traction control and did a burnout. 8)

Jack 06-05-2006 09:33 PM

Damn whiners, wish I had boost :(

Seriously though broseph, have fun and enjoy, just be carefull ;)

NERV 06-05-2006 10:03 PM

boost bypass optimization??

BillBoost37 06-06-2006 08:18 AM


Originally Posted by Jack
Damn whiners, wish I had boost :(

Seriously though broseph, have fun and enjoy, just be carefull ;)

Jack...come to a meet...I'll let ya try out a boosted car :twisted:

willwren 06-06-2006 08:20 AM


Originally Posted by NERV
boost bypass optimization??

Let's get this clear, did you bypass the boost control solonoid? By disconnecting the vacuum line? That's the boost bypass, and it's a bad idea.

Or did you simply adjust the BCA to get into boost quicker? It doesn't ADD power. It just gets you into boost slightly quicker.

Bonneville92V688 06-06-2006 08:21 AM

No I just adjusted the BCA. I would never block off any vacuum lines. :lol: It does seem to get int he boost quicker. It threw me back.

willwren 06-06-2006 08:23 AM

Ok, let's not call this the boost bypass trick. You are adjusting the boost bypass actuator, but not 'bypassing' the PCM's control of the boost (which is very dangerous, or potentially so).

I don't want people to misunderstand what you're talking about here. Call it the BCA (boost control Actuator) Optimization.

Bonneville92V688 06-06-2006 11:41 AM

Re: Whoa.
 

Originally Posted by Bonneville94V688
I just drove my bonnie for the second time after I got it...WHOA. I did the BCA optimization and made my stock airbox as free flowing as it will get and no muffler. I turned off my aunts road and floored it, it threw me back, I swear it jumped to 60 in about 6.9-7.0 seconds. Yes the road is 55 :lol: I can now hear the stock whine. :shock: :o I can't wait until I get my pulley, CAI, magnaflow cat, and a few other things.

Sorry, just new owner excitement. I feel like doing it again.



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands