stupid ebay bonneville - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


General GM Chat When starting new posts, please specify YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE type, and whatever modifications you have made. Chat about all things GM (and related cars). Off-topic stuff should be in the Lounge, and all Model specific mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2004, 01:09 PM   #11
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Ummmm......no. That wouldn't work very well.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 04:03 PM   #12
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,158
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
repinS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opensourceguy
You use Castrol GTX too? wow, that'* weird. You don't use engine oil in your tranny, right?


-justin
sorry, I just digressed

repinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 09:49 PM   #13
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
harofreak00 is on a distinguished road
Default

*BLOWS THE DUST OFF*

SO, this happened again tonight, on my way home from work, its -5*F

when i left the parking lot it just felt like it was slipping cuz of the ice...so no big deal...

i get out on the highway...cant get faster than 45...so i lost 4th and 3rd...

cruisin along at 28mph in 1st until it finally died.

i had no idea that the line had blew again, cuz i dindt have a flashnight, and there way no fluid on the snow...just figured that the tranny was finally done since it has been really bad lately. i waited in my car for 2 hours as my dad drove 40 miles with his trailer to come get me after work, and then we saw the SAME line had blown off!!!!!!! DAMMIT, all my fault, didnt get it tight enough or something...but it did last a couple months...

got the line on, tightened it up, 6 qts ATF, good to go...








harofreak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 09:54 PM   #14
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Farmington, Minnesota =MWBF '05 SURVIVOR= =CEBF '06 SURVIVOR= =August '06 COTM=
Posts: 9,130
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LakevilleSSEi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harofreak00
*BLOWS THE DUST OFF*

SO, this happened again tonight, on my way home from work, its -5*F

when i left the parking lot it just felt like it was slipping cuz of the ice...so no big deal...

i get out on the highway...cant get faster than 45...so i lost 4th and 3rd...

cruisin along at 28mph in 1st until it finally died.

i had no idea that the line had blew again, cuz i dindt have a flashnight, and there way no fluid on the snow...just figured that the tranny was finally done since it has been really bad lately. i waited in my car for 2 hours as my dad drove 40 miles with his trailer to come get me after work, and then we saw the SAME line had blown off!!!!!!! DAMMIT, all my fault, didnt get it tight enough or something...but it did last a couple months...

got the line on, tightened it up, 6 qts ATF, good to go...








I'd make it a good habit to start checking that everytime you drive.....You've gotten pretty lucky with running that trans that low on fluid and not spinnin any bearings in that trans....Usually the first time you run'em empty they're junk.
LakevilleSSEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:01 PM   #15
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
harofreak00 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
I'd make it a good habit to start checking that everytime you drive.....You've gotten pretty lucky with running that trans that low on fluid and not spinnin any bearings in that trans....Usually the first time you run'em empty they're junk.
LOL i know...
harofreak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:09 PM   #16
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The South
Posts: 3,281
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lowrider0308 is on a distinguished road
Default

hey...go to napa, autozone, or any place like that near you and get a new clamp...that one must be slipping. that, and make sure the line isnt cracked, so it slips out.
Lowrider0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:14 PM   #17
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Three Oaks, Michigan
Posts: 4,879
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
opensourceguy is on a distinguished road
Default

I still have no clue what "line" you guys are talking about.. but if it'* threaded, loctite perhaps? Maybe some crazy ****, like stuff you need to heat up to get the bolt out, or something. Just to be safe.


-justin
opensourceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:20 PM   #18
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
harofreak00 is on a distinguished road
Default

the clamp is new...i had cut off some of the old line the first time...its a rubber hose that fits on a ribbed metal connection. i have no idea how it could happen again
harofreak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:14 AM   #19
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,928
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BonneMeMN is on a distinguished road
Default

Something is giving the line too much pressure apparantly, either a blockage after it, or something putting too much flow into it.
BonneMeMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:23 AM   #20
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Farmington, Minnesota =MWBF '05 SURVIVOR= =CEBF '06 SURVIVOR= =August '06 COTM=
Posts: 9,130
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LakevilleSSEi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonneMeMN
Something is giving the line too much pressure apparantly, either a blockage after it, or something putting too much flow into it.
There were recalls on his issue I believe. Not sure....but I'm sure there'* plenty of pressure there.
LakevilleSSEi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
stupid, stupid, stupid... petraman Lounge 19 01-29-2008 11:51 PM
stupid, STUPID Neons...question about vehicle storage BonnieBrougham Lounge 16 08-22-2006 01:05 PM
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid!!! BonnieBrougham Lounge 13 04-28-2006 01:00 AM
Mama always said, Stupid is as Stupid Does.... MOS95B Lounge 0 03-10-2004 02:31 AM
Ok, so no idea is stupid, but what about stupid questions..? Mandible Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 6 12-30-2003 03:41 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.