Originally Posted by Merlin 91/97
Looks pretty good....
I'm a bit curious as to how you did it, and how the lights are red when you said you left the orange still in.
Thanks for the compliments everyone.
I just put two layers of red window tint film over the orange part. It worked pretty well. I didn't know how I was going to do it until after I took the lights apart and saw that the orange and red were one single piece of plastic.
I thought I'd be able to take the orange piece out. And I had a roll of red tint film from doing my interior lights.
Plus I think because the lights are shaded by the black lines, it gives it a slightly darker look, so you don't notice it used to be orange. Even when it was orange, it was still not as orange as my orange corners.
If you look reeeeeeally close (in person is easier) you can tell the difference between the two reds. But you'd have to be looking for it. It'* so slight that anyone who doesn't know I changed it won't know it'* different. The overall change with the red is subtle, it looks stock. But it'* definitely better than the orange.