The rain came in time for the weekend. I should have spent my day cleaning the house…but instead I decided I would feel much better about the day if I made some much wanted mods to my Midlife Crisis.
Here’* what I did:
Engine cover before:
During: Please note that the paint was to have a textured, "hammered" look to it....
Before on the car:
And after on the car:
But WAIT! There’* MORE!
Recognize these? Okay…so they’re upside down…
They come out very easy…if you do it the right way… with the hood open, gently push up on the plastic front piece while pushing out the grill part. There’* two little tabs, one on each side. Be sure to push the grill OUT away from the engine bay…
There are three tabs on the bottom….
Here you can see both cover and grille: Before:
Some may think a silver cover is tacky...but with my rims, grill, and badge all silver, I really like the way they all tie in together.
Overall, I’m extremely happy with both the cover and grille. Total cost was about $4 for the paint – specially formulated for plastics, no primer required…chip resistant in 7 days. Hopefully the grill won’t chip before then - I can't NOT drive for 7 days. We’ll see how that holds up. If it does chip...then I'll have to repaint with a temporary grill for the interim.