I wanted to update you on the '97 SSEi. Here'* a list of the differences between my '95 SSE and '97 SSEi:
1. Instrument Cluster has Boost Gauge instead of the Battery Gauge. Where'* the Battery Gauge?
2. Tranny has 1, 2, 3 and Over Drive instead of 1, 2, D and Over Drive. Is 3 the same as D?
3. Head Rests seem stiffer because they don't roll forward as much. Is this true for the '96-'99 cars?
4. Door Panels have the speakers integrated into the panel instead of separate. Are the speakers easier of more difficult to replace?
5. Exhaust Tips are not attached to the rear bumper (Thank God!) and seem to be bolt-on. Are they bolt-on or welded? I'd like to replace them.
6. Headlight Bulbs seem different. Are they HID?
Here'* the problems I've found so far:
1. Rear Wheel Bolt is broken and missing lug nut. Is this difficult to do?
2. Radio has no Backlight but has Button LEDs. Is this a bulb or a fuse?
3. Climate Control LEDs flicker only when the Headlights are turned on. Is this a problem with the Climate Control or Alternator?
4. Horn sounds too weak. Horn or Electrical Problem?
5. Driver'* Leather worn out too much at side. Can this be repaired or does it need new leather?
6. Engine leaking oil at top side near driver'* side by Firewall side. Hopefully, this is just a gasket!
7. Engine leaking oil near oil pan by sending switch.
I'm taking the car back to the dealer to fix the problems. He should've inspected the car a lot better. Overall, the car'* in great shape. The only thing that worries me is the top oil leak. If anyone has any comments on the differences and problems, I'd be very greatful. Thanks.