Originally Posted by tlsheff
thats nice how did you build it???
its all 4 inch inside diameter pvc
1) 3"to 4" rubber coupling home depot $6
2) 45 degree bored it out inside and out with dremel and a drum sander, smoothed for air flow and made a cut on the end to lessen the angle to like 25-30 range.$6
3) roughly 7" piece of straight tube (which is built like abs its a composite foam) same thing as 1) smoothed conections and joints $5
4) a "street sweep" 90 which gave it a nice long flowing turn down then smoothed joints connections etc $10
5) had to put a piece of 4" inside the inlet side of the pipe then glued the air filter inside the pvc pipe i need a larger filter but its sealed and works for now
6) bondo high build primer sanding
7) a nice coat of a cheep shitty flat black that actually came out better than if i used good paint cuz the roughness makes it like factory
right now i just have the iat sensor out in the same air as the filter need to decide where to mount it and put it in.
made so much torque over the fwi though i was amazed mine came stock with the lsd and 2.xx gears so i couldnt spin my tires unless its wet after i can get a nice long slow spin not a burn out but some slipping
if you live somewhere that you can get abs do it with that but in fl they sell pvc only and its max temp is about 180 not that it gets there in my engine but abs gives you up to like 220 i believe