Ok... and the pictures from the final day of working on the car. The day started out with a trip to the junkyard. Unfortunately, they only had 3 SE, all of which had no usable parts for me (and no good grab handles). They did have an 88 SSE
and an 89 SSE, both maroon and rusty, but mostly complete still. There was also this car
) that randy might have been interested in.
Once it started raining, I left. No luck finding a good bumper piston. Oncemy parents got some and I got a hold of some of my dad'* tools, I was able to get the piston off the red car. I cleaned it up, mounted it and then painted it. Results:
While i waited for it to dry, I painted the area behind the bumper cover to seal up all the marks in the paint where it might start rusting.
Once that was done, I decided that my bumper cover was lookin a little ugly, so I decided to fix that.
Looks much better. It is slightly whiter than the rest of the car, but doesn't look too bad. That and I was too cheap to buy the paint from autozone. When I get the new cover (thanks sse for me) it will need to be repainted anyways, so this is just to tide me over.
While waiting for that paint to dry, my dad got home from his interview (just got hired as a salesman at the Chevy dealer down the street
) and we decided to fix the bald spots on the LTZ. It looks fine from afar, but you can tell. We didn't fade it in properly this time, so there are lines from where we masked it, but there are no longer any white spots and no exposed metal which might rust.
After much work, I finally got everything back together (except for inside the trunk) and I think it looks better than it did. I will be hand painting the black stripe when I get hone next, unless my dad gets bored.
All in all I am pretty happy with it. I didn't get to bring it back like I wanted cause it still needs the Oil Pressure Sending Unit installed (thanks Bill) and the breaks and front suspension checked as there is a noise still in there, but I should have it this weekend.