Oldsman and I finally got around to changing the coupler. It wasn't as hard as we thought at first, but it was an interesting experience after all. First thing we noticed is that the casing for the injectors was melted. When we took of the supercharger belt we were shocked by the amount of play the pulley had which gave us an idea of how shot the coupler was. Before we lifted the supercharger we noticed that the supercharger gaskets had a fold that was at plain view. We figured this may be the cause to the high idle the car is having, but after all the work it seems it was not. When we finally lifted the supercharger we saw that the gasket had been cooked off and only small pieces of gasket were left. One of the O-rings was also miss-shapen. The insides of the spercharger were all black covered in gunk.
Here are some pics of the supercharger when we got it off.
This is what we saw when we just got the supercharger off
Part off the casing for the injectors was melted. The car problably had detonation issues.
The dirty supercharger insides
Once we were done with some clean up and a new gasket
It was a good experience and now we are going to do this process for Oldsman'* Riviera since he found that his coupler does have some play.