Bud Light =
. And if you drink enough of 'em, they do the trick.
The good news about the added wiring is you really can't see it. That'* the whole idea. I haven't been posting many new pics as this is kinda the boring (but very necessary) part of the swap.
In this pic (driver'* underdash area), behind the *-shaped accordion tube, you can see the white connector. This is where the column wires go. Directly above that connector (appears above and to the right in the pic) is the former spot for the cruise module. The module was removed and the harness re-directed towards the firewall where it connects to several of the wires from the 97 cruise harness.
The remaining wires along with the AC compressor control relay wires and the crank wire travel to the passenger'* side encased in wire loom. This harness can be seen at the far left, above the steering column support in the above pic. It travels beside the factory wiring that is behind the defroster ducts.
This pic reminds me of a big bowl of spaghetti just like Mama used to make. The black plastic thing on the floor directly under the drop light is the 97 engine harness connector/grommet. You might be able to make out a couple different groups of wires. Actually, there are 4 groups: 90 engine harness group, 90 ECM harness group, custom wired group and an unused group. You'll also notice that the 90 ECM connectors are still there. I did this to make connecting and troubleshooting (if necessary) much easier by still having a connector cavity reference. GM really likes GRN and GRN/WHI wires as there are a few of each. Since I removed the original ECM and mounting bracket, there is plenty of space for all of the stuff. You can also see the starter enable relay. It'* the gray one that'* leaning against the other relays in the relay center. This was necessary because of the different methods the two drivetrains use for park/neutral safety.
Only a few more to go. OBDII connector, fuel pump module, VATS interface and shift select switch. I plan on installing the motor this Saturday and at least fired up some time on Sunday. I still need a radiator, exhaust and charcoal canister though so hopefully I can round up those parts.