EK98 came down for a little work. On one testdrive, we zipped over to see ElijaCronin at work.
Things we accomplished:
1. Fixed the high idle issue by replacing a PCV o-ring. Erik picked the color. I have hundreds to choose from.
2. Fixed (hopefully) a leak in his washer reservoir. We'll know in a week if we got it.
3. Fixed a random multiple misfire issue temporarily until he replaces plugs and wires.
4. Gave his trans and engine a good ZillaMotorsports bill of health as a result of a good test drive. Runs and shifts great, even better now.
5. Had AZ clear the codes for his ride home.
In a nutshell, we found the #6 plug wire tightly wrapped around the O2 sensor. When loosened and 'looped' found carbon scoring from arcing. We simple looped and loomed it. Found the #1 plug wire arcing to the dipstick tube, and the #3 wire to the engine hoist bracket. We double-loomed these two wires. Wires are older Wells brand. Permanent fix will happen soon, but for the time being, it sounds like his drive home was firmly hitting on all 6 cylinders, and a noticable improvement in power. We'll watch his fuel mileage for a couple tanks and decide if it'* time for an O2.
We were quite busy due to my tight schedule, so only 4 pics were shot.
Here you can see the wire loom. This is small and medium loom, two layers:
Looming on the #6 wire and the loop we created for the time being to stop the arcing. While it looks in this pic that it'* touching the downpipe flange, it'* actually quite a bit above:
Three Bonnevilles, a Civic, and an Eric: