Hit it early today to get stuff done before the heat hits. When my son was living in the house before we made it down here, he had used a nice evaporating air cooler and it has been sitting next to the garage. Yesterday I dug it out and set it up. Had to clean it up nice, filled it with water, and fired it up. Darn thing works pretty well. Cools you nicely while standing in front if it but does not really lower the temp in the garage. But it is a nice thing to use. So until the humidity goes up it will help me work more in the garage. HOWEVER. It'* heading for 115 mid week next week and I don't think it will help enough. I think I'm going to have to wait out the heat this time.
I finished upholstering the back seat base doors. I took the side panel top metal forms and upholstered them. I was having problems with the adhesive keeping the upholstery stuck around edges. So I went to good ol' Pep Boys and bought some black plastic edging trim. I went all the way around the package tray and decided to glue down the front flap and use the edging trim to clean that edge up and use it to hold the upholstery on around the edge. This has added a nice little accent stripe across the top of the upholstered bulkhead expanse. This is what it looks like installed. Also the bottom platform for the back seat is laid in and the doors attached.
You can see the black trim across the upper area. In the pic you can also see the top metal form all upholstered and I used the black trim there also to continue the black stripe around to the side and doors. This is the side top form with upholstery and trim attached. I'll do the same on the door panels.
I will add the rest of the side panel after I finish upholstering it. Right now I just have the bubble insulation on it. I think it'* going to all look pretty nice and simple but clean when it'* done.
I also completed upholstering the dash extension and just put it in place to see how it worked. Some how I hurt the surface of the upholstery and it has a stain of some sort on the top surface. So I might have to redo it altogether. I'll probably do it with foam instead of the bubble so it should turn out even nicer. But it did not turn out all that bad for a novice upholsterer. Read that as a guy with no skill and no tools for it.
Next will be the door panels.