Engine cranks, but will not start
Scan the car for any DTC codes, even if no light is on. Check on any sensors mentioned on the DTCs
These are basic tests, you will need to check your cars FSM or repair manual to locate the correct wires and pins for testing, each car year and make is different.
1) test TPS, if this is over 80% injectors will not fire
2) Check MAP sensor
3) Check for spark, If you have no spark.
Test coils, check ICM plug and ICM
4) Check fuel pressure, 48-55 PSI
If low replace filter, fuel pump may also be going bad
5) Check fuel pump and ignition fuse
6) Unplug cam sensor and start, if engine starts, replace cam sensor
7) Listen to fuel injectors, do you hear them click?
Any not clicking. test wires between injector and PCM
8 ) Inspect all spark plugs
9) Inspect and test spark plug wires
10) Unplug the crank position sensor and probe the CKP sync signal circuit with a test light to B+ If light is off, replace crank sensor.
11) Test crank sensor with DVOM between 18x signal circuit at ICM and B+, crank engine, voltage should be between 5v-7v If over 7v, unplug crank sensor, test between same wires with test light, if light is on, locate short.
12) Replace PCM
SAVING THE WORLD ONE BONNEVILLE AT A TIME
1997,1998,2000,2005 year confused Bonneville SSExi. Stock? ish.
ADMIN @ http://www.f150-forums.com/