Well, today I've dune a bunch of research on the LX9'* crank reluctor wheel. When I did this build, I opted for an external 7x crank trigger. I thought that I couldn't use the strange reluctor that comes on the LX9. The reason it'* so strange is that the LX9 doesn't use DIS that we are used to. It uses a waste spark coil near plug setup (CNP). With CNP, the coils are fired directly from the megasquirt (no ICM). Whats the point of all this? So that I can get rid of this:
And use these instead:
Again, in order to do that, I need the megasquirt to understand the crank reluctor on the LX9. So I did some research and noticed how similar the reluctor looks to a LS1 reluctor:
So I verified
A is long, B is short, 0 is front, 1 is back
LS1 = A0 B1 A0 B1 A0 B1 A0 B1 A0 A1 B0 B1 A0 A1 B0 B1 A0 B1 A0 B1 A0 A1 B0 A1 B0 B1 A0 B1 A0 A1 B0 A1 B0 A1 B0 B1 A0 A1 B0 A1 B0 A1 B0 A1 B0 A1 B0 B1
LX9 = A0 B1 A0 B1 A0 B1 A0 B1 A0 A1 B0 B1 A0 A1 B0 B1 A0 B1 A0 B1 A0 A1 B0 A1 B0 B1 A0 B1 A0 A1 B0 A1 B0 A1 B0 B1 A0 A1 B0 A1 B0 A1 B0 A1 B0 A1 B0 B1
They're identical. So now I'm working with a developer of the MSextra code on a V6 version of the LS1 code. The code he'* building assumes that TDC #1 compression is in the same spot on each reluctor. Tonight I'll be flashing the new firmware to my megasquirt and wiring in the factory CPS.
It'* a very exciting day for me.