I have sinned and ignored the golden rule. Before anything else, fix what you know is broken. I suspected that the cat was faulty, but I used a vacuum test and decided that it was not plugged. I was wrong. Today out of frustration, I took a sawzall to it. Problem seems to have disappeared. I will weld in a pipe tomorrow (no emissions tests in MN
) and then I will investigate the other issues I was seeing. Thank you to jwfirebird
for your advice, and to any others who took the time to read this and contemplate. This has been my only emotional support for the last couple of weeks. I'll let you guys know what happens when I get her back on the road. Love the site Mike!
PS: I will investigate what caused it to fail, won't post unless it'* out of the ordinary