QTP electric exhaust cutout review:
1. Nice with the controller.
2. Really cool looking.
3. Programmable. Full open, full closed, auto close on power up, pre-programmed open positions (2 of them), programmable trigger wire (automated or manual switched), etc. Can also control a pair of cutouts.
4. Real head-turner. Nothing but a train horn beats it.
5. Really does seem to open up the top-end horsepower.
1. Didn't work. Calibrate said EEEERT. Motor moved about 1 degree. Took it apart and found the motor, mounting bracket, coupler, and flange were all misaligned, binding the motor up. I fixed it though.
2. No other cons.
Install pics (Y pipe welded in pics are on previous pages of this topic):
Controller has 3 wires and a harness to the motor (quick disonnect there and under the car so I can put the motor/cutout away for the winter and cap it off). Controller is a 3-digit red LED digital display with 2 buttons.
Further review after a few days of playing with it. In the meantime, enjoy this 10 mb
video (right click, save as).
It'* a pretty fun vid to watch.