Haven't done much this week, mostly due to waiting for all the parts to arrive. As usual (some of you know the history), the W-body store is notoriously slow, and failed to list something on their site as BACKORDERED FOR MONTHS and are due to arrive 'ANY DAY'. The backorder may be out of their control, but the site and product documentation is directly in their control. They agreed to ship the remainder of the order, and ship that last part seperately when it arrives.
In the meantime, I have ALMOST all the parts, pieces, and hardware I need for the motor swap and the other goodies. I've put a delay on one of the goodies for the time being (back on the list if I win the lottery tomorrow).
In the meantime, I got that broken bolt out of the block from the timing chain cover removal. Sanded it flat with the angle grinder and a sanding pad, center-punched it, drilled it out, and used an easy-out (screw/bolt extractor):
I'm very close to pulling the motor from the Zilla. It'* hard to actually DO it, considering the car is running pretty darn well right now, in spite of the internal damage. It just won't quit. I have at least one bad lifter (probably two), a possible spun bearing developing, and at least one popped piston. The car still runs with retarded timing (from my happy box), and a 2.5" pulley. And runs damn well.
The semi-solid motor mount is working out FANTASTICALLY. Love it. Give that one a green light.