Ok, Its been a few days now since the last post but fwiw she'* all done and gone.
Ben and Bob pulled out of my driveway about 20 minutes ago and all appears to be well.
Ben may have a short glory story to tell about his modulator so I'll let him tell, tell, tell...
I insisted that Ben roast them real good , one couldn't just pull out nicely and quietly, no, no, no.. ya gotta light-um-up. So with a little coaching, ben let off a good two second roast in front of my house, Bob filmed it on his camera of course.
I believe if you looked at the punch list of items completed it might look pretty good, just from what I can remember:
Re-degree the camshaft.
New gaskets & seals on front of engine.
New gaskets and seals on rear of engine.
New oil pan gasket, fix that flipping oil leak.
Oil flush, drain and re-fill with new.
Bypass second core in raidiator and re-route fluid to trans cooler only.
We also replaced a variety of bolts and ran a tap thru several holes, cleaned all parts as we went.
Now that I have been a direct contributor to a Bonneville engine/trans swap, I personally hold Ben responsible for making sure that I get a pretty chrome Bonneville club sticker for my Grand Prix.
you know, one of the stickers that are about 12" wide. I feel like such an intergral part of the family now. :P
All & all, I feel really good about how well his engine is sealed, he won't be leaking for a while now.
Everyone congratulate Ben for getting the job done and getting a "good as new" trans in his ride.
Also I'd like to shout out a big thanks to Ben and Bob for cleaning up before they left, this wil make it so much easier to convince my wife to let us do it again.