Now here'* the other side of the story....
It was awesome! We did it from about a 17mph roll and right when I launched he was at the back of my car. I didn't expect that. From there I walked away and kept going. I honestly didn't expect my car to be that fast, I've never had a chance to race another Bonneville so I didn't know how fun it would be.
Now for my counter-excuses
1. My passenger window was all the way down (oopsies)
2. My sunroof was set to vent (ok I'm dumb, he says his too)
3. My backseat was almost as full as his trunk (ok, no AS much)
4. Still some issues to work out (4deg KR)
5. Ok I had my headlight out but he'* got a home-made ram air!
But you don't need excuses when you win
I have to credit him for helping with my engine though. He helped me pick out and install the K&N filter and picking the plugs. Not to mention the scantools help.
All in all it was AWESOME! I'm too excited to type more