Today I finally was able to clean the throttle body in hopes of at least fixing my rough cold idle. Instead of just cleaning it I planned on doing some "porting" and polishing. I didn't really remove much material, I mainly just focused on one section, and then polished the hell out of the rest. So here are some pics..
Took off the TB and was disgusted with the SC inlet. Someday I'm removing that and cleaning it. I did clean a little of it while it was on the car. Don't mind the coolant in the SC, it got inside while removing the TB
Dirty TB, from both sides:
SC inlet after some careful cleaning:
I removed the plate to clean it better. Reinstalled and cleaner than ever.
Here you can see at the top where I removed some material on both sides. I didn't have "ideal" dremel attachments, just sanding cylinders. It isn't the prettiest job, but it'* smooth and much more rounded at those edges. I polished it by hand with 1000-2000 grit sandpaper since that'* all I had. It wasn't that hard either.
Cleaned and painted on the outside...ready to install! No pics of it installed yet...got dark, and I need to get the right socket to fit my torque wrench
I tightened it very well without the tq wrench, but tomorrow I will get the right socket and torque it to 89 in/lbs. If anything, right now it is tighter than needed, but I want to know for sure.
And this is what is going on tomorrow morning!!