Intake manifold, coolant tubes, and tensioners fitted. No issues with them bolting up, though tensioner was difficult to deal with due to the lack of a lot of space. Notice the P/* pump. I did have problems with the intake manifold gaskets leaking, due to my improper torquing, but I later got it figured out and it'* doing fine.
The LN3 P/* pump has a resevoir attached to it which wouldn't work here, so I removed it and rigged up this. BTW, we're a family of plumbers :P
Harmonic balancer fitted. The LN3 uses a tiny shock absorber in front of the balancer. Was not an issue with it fitting though. I replaced my water pump last summer. To make it short, I got p!ssed with it and just used RTV. Hasn't leaked though.
Postdated photo. Notice my sexy second valve cover. I should have painted it, but oh well. Something else I'll have to do eventually.
Some chopping on the tensioner assembly we had to do to clear what I think is the oil pressure sensor. The L67 uses a different oil filter setup, which was going to be a PITA to swap. Didn't do enough to hurt the structural integrity of the assembly.
Work so far. Took like 2 months do to it all. Finally got to drive it yesterday.
The big boomin M62. You can see my plumbing for the heater core.
Me looking cool.
Throttle body region. I later switched back to the LN3 throttle cable "plate". Doesn't quite fit right, but good enough, because the L67'* doesn't have a provision for the transmission cable.
God rid of my stock airbox and got this sexy APC filter. K&Ns cost too much. Radiator hose is stock Reatta, but with an inch or two cut off each end.
The MAFs have the same basic part numbers, but the l67 has this goofy thing around the wires. I asked Ryan which to use, and he said the L67'*, because he programmed my memcal to work with it. I guess from how I understand it, the LN3 ECMs have a limit as to how much airflow they can recognize, but he did a pretty good job.
That'* about it. As I said, there'* lots of details and minor problems we had to create solutions for. I don't yet have a "done" picture, but will get one. Not a problem if you want details on something or special photos.
Ryan'* first memcal burn was dumping in too much fuel, so he sent me a socketed setup. But we also found out we had an issue with the harmonic balancer not fitting on the keyway, throwing off timing. Actually couldn't get it started until we figured it out. Not a problem once we figured out what happened though.
Fine tuning needs to be done, but it'* running pretty good. Idle was high, like around 2300 rpm at first, but after a bit of driving, is back to below 1k. I haven't driven it much this weekend (just on our street, rural) cuz its not insured yet, but will take care of that tomorrow and start driving it.
So far, we're at least to stock Reatta performance. I haven't driven it in a few months, so not always easy to tell, but I think it'* helping. Can make decent takeoffs without much throttle. Seems to be bogging a little with WOT, but I'm talking with Ryan on taking a drive down to him for final tuning. Nice to hear the */C whining a little with a generous amount of throttle
I don't know the Bonneville Club'* policy on links, but below is the link to the Reatta.net thread (complete with all my troubles, 2 months work of documentation, really).
They said it couldn't be done. I did it.