I have ordered all the tools and some other misc stuff for the winter. I have 80% of the money for the overhaul gasket set, which I will probably order next week sometime. I will be digging into the engine.. either next weekend, or the weekend after. I am hoping, I will be able pull all this stuff off, otherwise I will be turning to you guys' help
. Beyond cleaning everything up, I would like to do some performance oriented stuff, so this will be worth all the more of my time. I have these already planned to do:
- Clean heads [both intake and exhaust ports]
- Gasket match the intake to intake ports on heads
- Clean up the extra material on the header crossover
- Eventually afford some header wrap, for that extra performance edge
- Clean up everything all real nice and pretty and reassemble
I was thinking about replacing the timing chain but, if I am going to be in that area, I will be tackling the cam sensor, and if I am replacing the cam sensor, I am going to be replacing the crank sensor. That is too much money for me right now.. i'll wait for one of them to break. I was thinking of doing something with the throttle body, but I don't quite know what. I have a dremel, and a lot of time. Any other suggestions as to what to do?