Well, as many of you know I have been having axle/trans case issues with the current power I'm making and the stock motor mount combination. I took the car over to Bob Cook'* (Scott'* brother) house last night and had him stick a couple Hiem joints on the front of the car to basically lock the motor down to the cradle. It is the same thing he did to BADSSEi a couple of years ago when it started having similar issues. If you have not read about my recent track disasters its a pretty good read (with some cool pictures) at http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/...ic.php?t=54223
Bob is a MASTER at his welding and building craft. He and his son Rob took great care of the car and had the whole thing done in a couple of hours including building the joints from scratch using chrome molly tubing.
The end results are very satisfying. Motor travel has been reduced to about 20% of its previous and this is due to the compression of the rear mount. Just locking down the front there is not anything we can do about that at the moment and I hope we don't have too. My fear of having the car very stiff for daily driving has been relieved. The car feels the same as it always has with only a bit more vibration in the pedal but I'm not sure if that is due to the wire rerouting we did installing my new N* throttle body (more on this in another thread) or the new lockdown joints.
Anyway, here are few pictures of the completed project.