Last nights stuff
After fighting the damn stud that holds the crank position sensor and the front cover on.... That thing was REALLY irritating....
We made it!
Once we got it to that point, unbolted the cam, and the shock tower. Jacked up the body of the car(had the three subframe bolts out on the pass side. Out cam the old cam! Hooray! Time for assembly finally!
Measured the base circle of the old cam and compared against the regrind. Scott took .090" off the cam(.045" off one side), we milled the heads .040". We were in spec!
So we lubed up the shaft before sticking it back into such a tight hole....
Scraped off old gasket materials so we could put parts back on the car, aside from the timing assembly(chain, gears, and tensioner).
Make sure you line up the balance shaft timing marks if you leave that thing in. We almost torqued down the cam bolt before we caught it!
Some of the crap that we still have to put back in. Not all of it, but a good portion. Getting excited! We just need that damn timing cover gasket!!!
If you notice, "someone"(I swear it wasn't me!) broke the oil pressure sender sensor off of the timing cover.... Borg/Warner came to the rescue to replace it!