How to drop your charcoal canister. (In 9 easy steps)
Since that thing was right in my way and didn't let me angle my intake as low as I liked, I decided to lower it. You can lower it almost a full four inches, But I chose 2 1/2" as that meant I didn't have to reroute any of the lines. So, In order for you to do this to your car, You'll need a few things:
A peice of tin or other metal 2 1/2" by 19"
Two 3" 1/4-20 bolts
A dozen or so 1/4" by 3/4" Fender washers
M'Kay, Now to get this done:
1. You need to remove the two bolts holding in the Tub the Charcoal Canister sits in.
2. Now lift the Charcoal Canister out of the tub, and sit it out of the way.
3. Pull out the Tub it was sitting in.
4. Shape your metal to the size of the lip on the bottom side of the hole you just took the Tub out of, and tape it so it stays like that, then tape it so it stays attached to the car.
5.Now place your Charcoal Canister Tub under the metal ring.
6. Put the front bolt in, and secure that with a nut. Then run another nut up the bolt, and slide a Fender washer on, then your canister, then another washer, then the final nut. Don't tighten the lower bolts yet.
7. Put a Fender washer on the back bolt, slide that through the washer canister, and put three more washers between the washer canister and the car, put a nut on and secure that part on, put another nut and fender washer on the bolt, andslide the Charcoal Canister Tub over the bottom of the bolt, and finally put the bottom washer/nut combo on.
8. The last part is the tighten everything up so that the Charcoal Canister Tub is tight against the bottom of the metal ring, and the ring is tight to the car.
9. Finally put your Charcoal Canister back in the tub, and enjoy.