Up on the hoist and ready to dismantle.
I used a friends shop.
Ball joint separated with a few "gentle raps".
It popped out cleanly with a chisel to force the snap ring inside just like the instructions say.
There it is removed. The bracket that support the end of the trani from the engine was a blind removal...thanks GM.
Next was the swap of the reluctor and spider gears.....lots of cursing with the needle bearings so I didn't take any pics of that. Very frustrating part cause there are two rows of tiny needle bearings inside each gear. Only the last gear made it without any dropping out. The first one...lost them all on the bench.
Back in ready for action.
Total time - 2 hrs.
When the weather clears up I'll give it the test.