The traction control system on the 2000+ Bonneville SSEi'* can make dynoing tricky. If you attempt to do the dyno without following the below methods the stabilitrak system will kick in and actively attempt to brake the car (it doesnt like the front wheels rolling while the back ones are stationary.
1) Start the car, turn traction control off.
2) Put the car in first gear and accelerate to 15mph.
3) Allow the car to run at 15mph for 20-30 seconds until the car chimes and the BRAKE and ABS lights on the dash illuminate.
4) Accelerate to 25-30mph and put the car in manual 2nd.
5) Accelerate to 3200 rpm and then floor it for the dyno.
1) Disconnect the 2 front Wheel Speed Sensors
2) Start the car (traction control will already be disabled)
3) Put the car in first and accelerate to 25-30 mph and put the car in manual 2nd.
4) Accelerate to 3200 rpm and then floor it for the dyno.