Originally Posted by harofreak00
i have an INTENSE unit with STOCK shiftpoints in it...
would it be smarter to stay with INTENSE and have the shiftpoints changed for $10
go with the DHP and return the INTENSE unit as core?
todd, whats your opinion on the DHP chip?
Functionally they are similar with minor tweaks by each company. A lot of people have said that the DHP shifts harder than ours. I have never used a DHP PCM so its hard for me to give a personal opinion on it however I will state the following regarding our PCM (and I'm only doing this in this thread because I was asked too, I intentionally stayed out to avoid conflict).
The main advantages of the INTENSE PCM'* include:
1. Our a la carte upgrades to the INTENSE™ PCM give you the ability to choose just the right settings to match your combination. In other words, if you have a mild cam and need slightly higher shift points and rev limiter, and a DTC or two disabled, you will no longer be forced to pay $300 to $600 for a custom tune or race PCM with more adjustments than you really want. We offer you the ability to cost effectively fine-tune your PCM to your exact needs!
2. Every INTENSE™ PCM is coded with the correct year, make and model of your vehicle. This means that even if your car is a 1998, 2000, 2001 or 2002, you won't be required to enter 1999 into a Tech II to perform a Crankshaft Position Variation (CASE) Learn and that this PCM is undetectable by a dealer.
3. Each PCM is written with your correct VIN, so an aftermarket VIN editor is not required.
4. In some cases, your PCM may use an operating system that isn't the most recent one available (see http://calid.gm.com
for details). In these cases, we'll update you to the latest OEM code, then apply our changes. We use GM Service Programming System (SPS) for monthly updates.
5. We have complete access to hundreds of parameters within every PCM. For example, we can disable DTC'* individually in EVERY vehicle we support. There is no need to disable all of the DTC’* in some PCM’* just to turn off one DTC.
6. INTENSE™ PCM'* are processed and shipped with the same top notch service INTENSE™ has been known to provide. Most PCM'* will ship within one business day*** of your order!
7. Our PCM’* are not locked in any way. The checksum flags aren't disabled. And the Operating Systems are not changed to '0' or ' '. Anyone with editing capability can read and edit our PCM’*.
8. INTENSE™ has dynoed more 3800 FWD powered vehicles than all of our competitors combined. Each time we dyno, we learn something, and this knowledge gets plugged into our PCM code.
9. Our tunes currently hold the highest horsepower 3800 N/A dyno record (non stroked), the 3800 M90 supercharged dyno record, the overall 3800 supercharged dyno record and 3800 turbo dyno record.
10. Customers LOVE their INTENSE PCMs. Here is a link to several hundred actual testimonials:
Obviously if you have a PCM editor then some of these points are moot as you have full access to customize it to what you want but for those who do not and are just getting a PCM there are some very salient points here.
Also I will also point out that all of the top 11 Bonnevilles run our PCM except for 2, 1 of which started out as an INTENSE PCM and the other is a 92 on nitrous we don't offer support for.