I thought I'd share with you guys my latest project. It'* an 87 Lesabre T-type, with an L67 swapped in. It'* been done for a few years now, but I always was unimpressed with the braking. It'* always had weak braking, so I'm redoing the entire braking system. Last year I put E-body rear discs on it:
This Friday I found a 92 Bonne SSE in the yard with the front suspensions nearly taken off, so I picked up the whole setup:
Here is a comparison to the old brakes:
The only problem I've found is that I may need some wheel spacers to allow my stock rims to fit. It shouldn't be that big of deal, I hope.
I'm not sure if this has been discussed at all here, but the swap is pretty straight forward, but you do need the newer spindles. Since I already have an newer drivetrain I can use the 92 hubs and 97 axles.