That'* good advice. But, a lot of repairs in this area suggest the use of dielectric grease. Well I believe dielectric is another way of saying insulator. So the use of the grease should be avoided as well. I certainly do believe dielectric grease is great to use in a connector housing to eliminate moisture without shorting terminals.
No doubt a ground is an important thing. But heat dissipation is important as well. Right now my ICM is just stuck on top of the mounting plate. I'll look through my shop manual, it just seems a little un-GM-like to depend on that kind of grounding without a star washer and black wire running somewhere.
I'd rather not smoke my ICM, and I hate to run afoul of the wisdom here. So, I certainly will take your advice. I probably pulled the trigger a little too soon on answering the original query; it seems the other forum (AF) got a lot of replies.
Best of luck!