First to introduce myself. I am the (hopefully brief) owner of a 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3.1. I bought the car to "fix and flip" and after having prospective buyers look at the car, I attempted to diagnose the problem that caused the battery "idiot light" to come on. Well, like a dumb*ss I neglected to disconnect the battery and got a fairly large spark from the main lead off the alt. when I accidentally touched it with a screw driver
. After this happened, I was unable to restart the car but it was still getting spark. So is it safe to assume that I am not getting fuel? And if anyone has any ideas, they would be GREATLY appreciated.
P.*. I can hear what I think is the fuel pump engaging when I turn the key on so I am fairly certain it'* not the pump, if that helps any.