First, thanks to everyone who has contributed, there is a lot of great information in this forum. My Olds 88 is not starting...usually. I did get it started this weekend after fixing a small current draw I identified with the procedures listed in this forum but it is once again not starting. Here are the symptoms/conditions:
- I had the battery fully charged at Autozone
- the interior lights and instrument cluster all seem to operate fine
- I can hear what I believe is the fuel pump after a few seconds
- the security light in the cluster goes off as desired in the 3-5 seconds after attempting to start the vehicle
- the starter doesn't turn over or click at all
- the car had been garaged and well cared for and I do not see any corrosion with the connections at the battery or the starter
Where do you think I should check next? The starter relay?
The engine turned over so easily this weekend after not starting during the week makes me think it is an intermittent connection issue. Thanks for any help.