EVAP SYSTEM (SMALL LEAK DETECTED)
Evaporative (EVAP) emission system includes following
components: fuel tank, EVAP vent solenoid, fuel tank pressure sensor,
fuel pipes and hoses, vapor lines, fuel cap, EVAP emission canister,
purge lines, and EVAP purge solenoid.
You likely won't notice any drivability problems.
- A loose or defective gas cap
- A non-conforming gas cap
- A small leak/hole in a fuel vapor hose/tube
- Other small leak in EVAP system
- damaged vent o-ring seal
- Remove and reinstall the gas cap, clear the codes, and drive for a day and see if the codes come back.
- Install a new gas cap
- Inspect the EVAP system for damage in the hoses. Repair is needed