Evaporative (EVAP) emission system includes following
components: fuel tank, EVAP vent solenoid, fuel tank pressure sensor,
fuel pipes and hoses, vapor lines, fuel cap, EVAP emission canister,
purge lines, and EVAP purge solenoid.
You likely won't notice any drivability problems.
- The gas cap is not installed or working properly
- The purge solenoid has failed
- The canister is plugged and not working properly
- Damaged vacuum line
- Damaged fuel tank pressure sensor
- Remove and put the gas cap back on tight, clear the code, and drive for a day and see if the codes come back.
- Inspect the EVAP system for damage, replace if needed
- Inspect for damaged or disconnected hoses around the Evap purge solenoid
- Inspect Evap sensor and replace if needed.
- Inspect purge valve and replace if needed.
- Inspect fuel tank pressure sensor and replace if needed.