check for any water or moisture leakage at the main breaker box. also check to see if any of your walls are hot by the outlets in the rooms that get no power.. by anychance would you happen to have the old bulb and tube wiring.? if so that i syour proble,,, and also what awg is your wires coming out of the breaker box.. if there two thin then they cant handle the power and thats causing it to shut off half the house.. it would be like trying to run a car battery with some cheap speaker wire.
"i was gonna fix my car but then i got @&#$"
1995 bonneville se 114,000 miles and crashed the f up due to an idiot driver with state farm..then repaired 100% by yours truely..1988 bonneville sse 74,000 miles. my best car yet. never let me down.. (edit: o.k just once thus far on 1-14-08 )