Well, my wife parked the truck in the shop over the weekend when we was gone. Backing till you hear a crunch is a bad idea. She backed right in to my work bench.
That was $1200 in damage. Well, I can fix it for less then the deductible.
First pulled the inside panel.
Didn't take much to do this, then needed to pull the liner.
Spent about a half hour banging with a rubber mallet. Not perfect by any measure. But it'* close for now. Next spring when it'* warmer out I will sand it down, clean it up with a little bondo and repaint it. About a hour of work total so far. A few more hours next spring and it will be good. Should be less then $100 in paint and it'* fixed.
At this angel you can see where she did the most damage. The paint is cracked and a slight crease in the metal. A few dings can be sen from where I had to work it hard to get it back in shape. This is where I will have to do a little filling and sanding.
Move back a foot or two and you can't even see it unless you know what your looking at.
With that done I needed to change the tires on the car.
So I pull the first tire, Hmm, that just don't look right.
Well, that might explain a bang I heard one day and never figured out what it was. So, guess I better remove it.
Rusted the bolt right threw and then it finally snapped.
No one has a new bushing in stock. So I'll have to drive without it. I'll order one next week.
With that done, I finished up the tire change and greased up all the ball joints while I was there. I give all my balls two pumps every time I change my tires.
Still need to change my hood. I'll get that later.