Put some carb cleaner in the tank of Mum'* '83 LeSabre since there is less than a 1/4 of tank of the old gasoline; figure I would just burn that out and use the carb cleaner to help clean out the carb. I put a carb kit in a year or two before it got parked. Decided to pull the plugs and inspect them. They were in good shape but had some carbon build-up, nothing that did not clean off easily. Things went well for the left bank. Changing the plugs on the right bank of these engines have always been a PITA.
. On the second plug of the right bank the plug wanted to be very stubborn in coming out. There isn't a lot of room for a ratchet. Maybe an air ratchet turned down low since the handle does not have to move. I was getting it to move a bit when I felt the plug pop into. And yes, I was using a plug socket with the rubber inserts. Now I will have to make a trip to the shop to get a plug, actually two plugs as I know the back plug on that engine is almost impossible to reach. Maybe if I had GM special tool KR-34-PQ-809-whatever, I might have had an easier time
The exhaust was reasonable clear for an engine that probably has the original rings and valve seals. Rod and crank bearings were replaced by me as noted over at the post I made on this car.