thoughts on the weekend -long-winded.
1. i hate lawnmowers
- we have two lawnmowers. neither work, and both problems are my fault. the first one i attribute to simply not knowing what i was doing. the gas in that lawnmower is close to 5 years old, same with the oil. im just waiting for a good day when im not lazy and its nice outside to experiment with taking it apart. the other lawnmower is partially our roommates fault -- hes supposed to mow the yard. it doesnt work, my theory is that he pulled really hard and didnt release the cord, causing the spinning blades to push the cord-stop through the lawnmower blade thing. all that just means that when you pulled the cord, you couldnt get the entire force, as you only had half of the string to pull out. so it wouldnt start. but i didnt notice that to begin with, i attributed it simply to "its been sitting out here all winter", so i put new oil in it, new gas (thankfully, the old gas was all gone), a new spark plug, and i cleaned the air filter. it still didnt start, and thats when i noticed the metal cord-stop on the outside of the lawnmower chassis (im using that word cuz i dont have a better one). so i decided i was going to be brilliant and dremel it off. now, most of you should know that when you grind something, it gets hot. i didnt notice, and the cloth cord snapped when it got hot. so now that ones out of commission too. so in addition to all the stuff i purchased for it (plus octane booster, just in case the old gas was bad, and carb cleaner to jump-start it), i have to pay someone $25 to mow the yard.
2. i hate nissan
- the nissan company hates people. and it hates oil changes. i did an oil change on nancys car [2004 Nissan Altima] for the first time sunday, and oh my god. never having even looked under her hood before, i got a shock. metaphorically. between the drain-plug being placed immediately next to the DOWNPIPE (which gets hot, but the manual that came with the car said very explicitly to run the car until it reaches normal operating temperature before changing the oil] which resulted in bad burns because im an idiot, and the oil filter being placed to you have to go at it from the wheel-well (turning the tires to the right and removing the mudguards) right next to a pulley and between the big metal bars, it was hell. and they placed the frame right under BOTH the drain plug and the oil filter, meaning you will be getting oil all over the place if you allow gravity to do its work. it took me an hour and a half to change her oil.
3. i hate work
- im not going to elaborate on this one.
4. i hate not knowing much about cars
- my heated seats no longer work. the light turns on for about 2 seconds, then turns off. both levels. i need new windshield wipers, my lights dimmed horribly while the car was running just by my turning the wheel. i caught three misfires while idling in traffic on sunday. and ive got a new dent. my cv joint will have to be fixed [loud popping]. and i need to get my tires balanced/rotated [emphasis on balanced, im missing one of the wheel-weights]. oh, and my trunk still leaks because i cant seem to find time to tear it down and reseal it.
5. i hate college
- not the going to college part, i enjoy that part. its just so expensive. i can barely afford tuition and books as it is, and my tuition will triple this next semester. i dont even want to think about books.
okay, thanks for listening. and yes, ive got some cheese to go with that whine.