Things I've learned in Georgia
Well, I've lived in Georgia for 13 years, and in that time, I've actually learned a few things.
1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes, 4,998 live in Georgia.
3. There are 10,000 types of spyders. All 10,000 live in Georgia, plus a couple nobody'* ever seen before.
4. If it grows, it sticks. If it crawls, it bites.
5.Onced and twiced are actual words.
6. It is not a shopping cart, it'* a buggy.
7. Fire ants consider your flesh as a picnic.
8. People actually grow and eat okra.
9. Fixinto is one word.
10. There is no such thing as "lunch". There is only dinner and then there is supper.
11. Ice tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar!
12. Backards and forwards means "I know everything about you."
13. Djeet? is an actual phrase meaning "Did you eat?"
14. You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is. You work until you're done or it'* too dark to see.
15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH them.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM GEORGIA IF...
1. You measure distance in miles.
2. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
3. You use "fix" as a verb. Example: "I'm fixing to go to the store."
4. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.
5. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
6. You know what a "DAWG" is.
7. You carry jumper cables in your car... for your OWN car.
8. You only own four spices: salt, pepper, Tobasco, and ketchup.
9. The local papers cover national and international news on one page but require 6 pages for local gossip and sports.
10. You think the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
11. You find 100 degrees Farenheit "a little warm."
12. You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas.
13. You know whether another Georgian is from Atlanta, North Georgia, or South Georgia as soon as they open their mouth.
14. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past time known as "goin' Wal-Martin" or off to "Wally World."
15. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good pinto bean weather.
16. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop... it'* a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor.
17. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
18. We don't need no stinking driver'* ed... if your momma says we can drive, we can drive.
To be totally honest with y'all, this is about the most accurate list I've ever seen. This pretty much hits the nail on the head.
1993 SLE, Met. Purple Pearl, grey leather, silver crosslaces, silver pinstripes, skull on trunk, Pioneer DEH-17 h/u, SLE badges, red painted arrowhead, silver painted grill