The front brakes in the Tempo were getting low, I knew that. I was going to let them go until the brakes were all used up because the rotors were all used up too. Well, the last week it sounded like the right front was metal on metal grinding. I checked it out Saturday to find that the RF was down to the rivits on one side and the rivits had already cut halfway through the rotor
. I thought it was wierd, because it was only a week. Put new pads and rotors on, and am still waiting for the new rotors to brake in, then I can really test the brakes
Moral of the story, keep an eye on brake wear
LOL, I just realized, I have had 3 brake issues in the last year
*LF rubber hose cracks and leaks fluid
*Some genious put the wrong drums on the back, so that the shoes were chunking off
*and then this
Brakes are important, the rest is just for making it go, brakes make it stop.