And so the story ends (or is it just beginning?), 5 weeks and 6 borrowed/rented cars after my Bonny engine fire fiasco that started back on June 20th.
I am the proud new owner of a 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora, purchased with 53,777 miles... just rolled over to 54k today. In my earlier posts about my situation, I mentioned that I would buy another Bonneville or an Aurora depending on which one I found first with the right price and features. And this one I couldn't refuse!
This is not my actual car, but looks almost just like it... I don't have my own digitals uploaded yet due to PC problems at home.
This car rides smoother than I ever could have imagined, even better than my Bonny. My '99 Aurora has a myriad of features and options that I did not have on my '98 Bonny SLE as well. Here are a few, off the top of my head:
- Leather interior, power sunroof, traction control, auto-dim rearview mirror w/ compass
- Multi-way dual heated
power seats, with memory settings for 2 drivers
- Digital information center with everything you could possibly want to know
- Stock head unit with both CD and cassette, sounds better than the Pontiac system too (due to higher placement of the front tweeters, I think)
- Disc brakes all around, slightly wider stock tires
- 8 cylinders vs. 6 cylinders
- 250hp instead of 205hp
- And Jim, I found QQX in my RPO codes... Autobahn package!
I would like to thank everyone for their help and suggestions throughout my ordeal. My insurance company is suing GM for the amount they paid me, and with any luck I'll get my $250 deductible back (although I'm not counting on that). As much as I would like to commence with pic whorage at this point (since anyone who hasn't seen every crevice of Jim'* Aurora ought to see mine
), I cannot b/c my home computer'* power supply went *kaput* so PC-no-boot right now... hence, no transferring digital pictures until I get it fixed. I'll work on that and hopefully have something in "My Ride" soon!