Return of Bonnie: Things the club has helped me do
Today is a good day.
I have been working on getting my 96 SSE (Bonnie) as close to perfect condition as when she was new. I found the club when doing research for buying the GXP (Clyde) and found so many answers to my questions that I decided to fix up and keep Bonnie. Today I solved my last problem...shuddering in the rear end. Through much reading (and writing so many posts that prolly annoyed everyone) I have:
1. Completely rebuilt the UIM/LIM. Runs beautifully now.
2. Switched from Dex-devil to good coolant.
3. Found the correct paint and best way to repaint the hood, front fascia.
4. Fixed small rust spot on back q panel
5. Completely replaced rear brakes (having never changed drum brakes before)
6. found great compound for buffing out light scratches.
7. Determined that my struts weren't bad and that the horrible shuddering was a huge bulge in my back tire.
8. changed valve gaskets.
and most importantly
9. installed "bonneville club" stickers on the windows.
Keep in mind that I am the least mechanically inclined person on the planet.
...so today I say "thanks" to all.
1996 SSE Silver Toupe
2004 GXP Crimson
1992 Nissan Sentra
(Goners) 91 Grand Am LE; 91 Grand Prix SE2; 95 Grand Prix "Special" Edition