1st National Solstice Meet was this July in Kansas City, the week with the 100 degree weather no doubt, WAY too hot for top down, but we did it most of the time anyways. Any questions just ask! This is scratching the surface of how many pix i took.
Steve, the GM Vehicle Dynamics engineer for the Kappa Platform, was there, he'* responsible for the chassis, feel, etc. A lot of steering and handling was the result of his work, he said how he made the car he wanted. He showed up in a pre-production Sky redline. He was fun to shoot the **** with, and we had a great Q&A session at the banquet on the last night. He knew everything we asked, wanted to know what could be better (and will try to address what we brought up), told us why some things were they way they were, etc. His trip was fully supported by GM too, so they're very interested in our group.
1. First stop on the way to KC.
2. (chasing in Camry = not fun)
3. Weird casino in the middle of nowhere (Iowa)
4. Somewhere with this car, my dad learned to detail better then a pro. I'm always impressed with his results, it'* like it'* still on the line in the factory.
5. All done!
6. More of the car wash at the Holiday Inn
7. The KappaSphere solstice (speed shop)
8. This isn't all of them, but that is 2 Pontiac Trailers. One for the Solsti, and one that was driving by on I-75, saw the other one, and stayed because his schedule was open for a few days, guess GM is cool afterall..
9. Rhys Millen D1 Drifting solstice
10. SCCA Spec B Club Racer (Z0K options), Race only Carbon Fibre Hardtop, slicks, hardcore...
11. Me getting lined up to hit the track
12. Dad hot lappin, the rest of his group was slow and wouldn't keep up.
13. More of Dad
14. Pace truck in his way, later they found out the pace truck had flat spotted tires, and just paced with a solstice.
15. Line back after the group shot
16. 95% of the cars doing parade laps, we think we had just over 100 cars on at once in this segment..
30 Degree banking rocks when you're going flat out BTW...