In preparing for my vacation, I brought a converter that plugs in the cigarette lighter and has a outlet for laptops, or anything that needs to be plugged in. I believe it was 100 watts. It was from iMobile.
I tested it to make sure it worked before I set off. It worked. However on the way down to Virginia Beach, I wanted to watch movies. So I set it up and it worked for the first two mins then it shut off and left my laptop running on battery power. So I reset it again and it shut off after 30 secs. Was my laptop drawing too much from the converter? Or is it defective?
So I tried watching it on battery power. THe laptop'* screen is SO dim that i could hardly see it. How do I brighten it up? I remember seeing Ryan (bandit)'* laptop of the same kind as mine being a lot brighter without being plugged in.
my converter won't work if the car is off. I think it senses less than 14V and shuts down to no drain the battery (car) I find I have to unplug the converter after I start the car and it works till turn off. Maybe you have low voltage? It could be defective also. I don't know off a laptop ps that is more than 95 watts.
Location: Somewhere south of Ottawa with your girlfriend driving faster then you.
Thanked 0 Times
You know what Cody I was having the same Issues just before ONBF on the way to Buffalo. IMO it'* not your converter I stopped and boght a second one that didnt shut off but sounded an alarm everytime I came to a stop both are far more then my Laptop needed.
I believe its a voltage regulation issue with our cars. as at the rear 12 acdc I was only seeing 11.0-11.8 volts