Need some advise on a new TV
Hey everyone. how'* it going?
It'* time the wife and I got a new tv, so I've decided that we're getting an HD tv. Problem is, I can't make up my mind. I've narrowed it down to 2, but wanted to get yall'* advice, since I have no experience with either technology.
First is the Mitsubishi WD-52531, it'* a 52" LCD, the other is a Samsung HLS-5286, which is a 50" DLP.
I like them both a lot. The LCD one is $200 less and comes with a free stand.
Here are some specs:
Features of Samsung HLS5086 / HL-S5086W:
* high-definition TV — receives and decodes digital standard-definition and HDTV signals from over-the-air broadcasts (antenna required)
* Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
* Texas Instruments SmoothPicture™ DLP chip (1280 x 720 pixels)
* Cinema Smooth™ Gen-6 720p Light Engine
* contrast ratio: 2500:1
* 140°(H) x 60°(V) viewing angle
* BrilliantColor™ system with 5-segment color wheel (red, green, blue, yellow, cyan)
* DNIe™ (Digital Natural Image engine) picture enhancement
* built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
* multibrand remote control
* 7 A/V inputs, including:
* 3 composite video (2 rear, 1 side)
* 2 *-video
* 2 HD-compatible component video (accepts 1080i/720p/480p/480i signals)
* 2 HDMI digital audio/video inputs
* PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
* 2 RF inputs (Antenna, Cable)
* optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
* USB port for photo playback
* Dimensions: (HWD) 37.6 x 50 x 19.7 In.
* Weight: 78.3 lbs.
* TV Stand Not Included
Features of the Mitsubishi:
52" Screen (Measured Diagonally)
3 LCD (0.7" x3), 720p Rear Projection System
16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
132-Watt High Pressure Mercury Discharge Lamp
2 HDMI Inputs
2 Component, 3 *-Video, 3 Composite, 6 Audio Inputs
1280 x 720 Pixel Resolution
Combined Tuner (Broadcast/Cable--NTSC/ATSC/QAM)
SmartShutter Dynamic Aperture System
3D Video Noise Reduction
8 Picture Format Modes (6 From 4:3 Sources, 2 From 16:9)
A/V Adjustment Memorized By Input Device
Color Temperature Control (High/Low) By Input Device
3 Video Modes (Brilliant/Bright/Natural)
Full Screen Image Freeze
Split Screen With External Second Source
Built-In, Full Range, Stereo Speakers (5.50" x 2.25" Each)
10 Watts x 2 Audio Power Output
Dynamic Sound Level Limiter
Digital Output (PCM) For All Analog Sources
5 Device, Multibrand, Partially Illuminated Remote Control
Dimensions: 47.1" W x 33.3" H x 16.9" D
Weight: 72.0 lbs
Which way should I go?