Ok... So I am moving into my new apartment today... And I have my dad come up to help. So he brings the car trailer to pick up my big purchase, but first, he helps us move. We packed most of my stuff and my roommates stuff onto the trailer. 24 feet of apartment necessities piled high. Well, that was a chore, because some of the stuff I own BARELY fit in the room, so getting it out was fun. So we get it out and loaded. Fast forward to unloading it at my new place. We get the couches off (3 love seats, 1 full sized and 16 piece sectional), 3 book cases, 1 recliner, 1 dining room table, a futon, 5 deck chairs, 1 trunk, washer and 2 queen sized bedsets. We start moving stuff to their respective spot and that is where we run into an issue. Seems our new place was never meant to have a queen sized box spring on the second floor. It doesn't fit by like 3 inches on the diagonal. Crap.so we step back and start tring to figure a way to get it up there. We walk outside and walk around the house... no way to get it in a window. Crap. Try it on the stairs again. Still no luck. Crap. We then sit back and begin planning. Well, we managed to get them upstairs. It took a little bit of thinking, a little bit of planning, a little bit of engineering and in the end, a little bit of demolition.
Let'* just say my roommate and I have some plaster work to do in the morning. We went and got the supplies tonight. Tools used: 2 squeeze clamps, 2 ratchet tie-downs, 1 hammer and a pry bar. Oh, and soon to be a vaccuum. Needless to say, I think I might be leaving the box springs with the apartment. All in all, I feel successful.